Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Castle Cambridge
  • /
  • Huntingdon Road Area
  • Back Forward

70 Huntingdon Road, Cambridge

History of 70 Huntingdon Road

1941 12 12

Mr and Mrs A.W. Cook of 70 Huntingdon Road have celebrated their golden wedding. Married at St Giles’ Church in 1891, they have lived in the St Giles’ district ever since. Mr Cook was a well-known professional cricketer and recently served as umpire for St Giles’ cricket team. He was formerly a messenger at Trinity College and later a gyp at Magdalene College, retiring at 65. The couple first lived at 95 Alpha Road, moved to 13 Histon Road in 1899 and settled at their present address in 1929. They have eight children.

Credit: Mike Petty, Cambridge Huntingdon Road Scrapbook.

Sources

  • Mike Petty Archive

Projects

  • Huntingdon Road Area

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Huntingdon Road Area

183 Huntingdon Road

179 Huntingdon Road

164 Huntingdon Road

The Orchard, Huntingdon Road, Cambridge

141 Huntingdon Road, Wayside

173 Huntingdon Road

64 Huntingdon Road

171 Huntingdon Road

8 Huntingdon Road, Cambridge

162 Huntingdon Road