Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Castle Cambridge
  • /
  • Lady Margaret Road
  • Back Forward

Lady Margaret Road

History of Lady Margaret Road

Listed buildings

End House South and End House North

House, now 2 houses. 1911, converted 1978. Designed by M H Baillie-Scott for Dr John Forbes Cameron, later Master of Gonville and Caius College. Red brick with plain tile roofs and plain tall stacks. 2 storey and attics.

1911

John Matthews, 51, College Gardener, born Milton

Lettice, 57, (three children), born Beds.

Basil Howkins Matthews, 22, bookseller’s assistant, born Chesterton

Lettice, 20, housemaid, born Chesterton


Basil Howkins Matthews was Regimental Sergeant Major with A Company Cambridgeshire regiment. In April 1918 he was awarded the Distinguished Conduct Medal for good work over a long period. He was wounded in the summer of that year.

Tags

  • Listed building
  • world war one

Projects

  • Lady Margaret Road

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Lady Margaret Road

Sunnyside, 76 High Street, Harlton

3 Berkley Street, Eynesbury

Dry Drayton data

Barrmore, Lady Margaret Road

Lady Margaret Road – Mapping Relief