Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Centre Cambridge
  • /
  • Hobson Street
  • Back Forward
A view along a street with timber-framed buildings and hoardings covered in posters, with a vintage car parked on the road.

Hobson Street c.1923, looking south (MoC 116/52)

33 Hobson Street

History of 33 Hobson Street

1913

J Abbs, harness maker

True Blue Yard

Miller and Son’s organ works


An empty street with partially demolished, weathered buildings on the left and a tall, multi-story brick building in the rear.

Hobson Street ‘Island site’, March 1930 during demolition (MoC 148/54)

A narrow, debris-filled alley between partially demolished timber-framed buildings with several men standing among the rubble.

Back of Sussex Street property during demolition from Hobson Street 1929 (MoC183/54)

Projects

  • Hobson Street

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Hobson Street

1 Hobson Street

25 Hobson Street

8 Hobson Street

Quince’s (Quinsee’s)Court, Hobson Street

13 Hobson Street

35 Hobson Street

12 Hobson Street

9 Hobson Street

Wesleyan Chapel, County Hall, Hobson Street (Wall’s Lane), Cambridge

11 Hobson Street