Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Centre Cambridge
  • /
  • Sussex Street
  • Back Forward
Classical building with two tall columns behind a metal fence and two street lamps, with Wesleyan Ch. written at the bottom.

Todd Building Christ’s College / former County Hall / Wesleyan Chapel

History of the Todd Building, former County Hall

This site was, at the end of the 19th century, a Wesleyan Chapel.

A black and white rooftop view looking over dense city buildings and chimneys toward distant college towers and a church spire.

View from County Hall, May 1929 (MoC 186/54)

Now part of Christ’s College, this was the County Hall, built 1913-14 by H H Dunn.  Christ’s used Lyster, Grillet and Harding to adapt the building for college use in 1985-7 by adding a smoked-glass drum with spiral staircase.

Projects

  • Sussex Street

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Sussex Street

1 Sussex Street

12, 13, 14 Sussex Street

11 Sussex Street

17 – 18 Sussex Street

20 Sussex Street

2 Sussex Street

Harrington House

8 Sussex Street

15 – 16 Sussex Street, Bushel and Strike

3 – 4 Sussex Street