Warkworth Street is named after Joh Warkworth, Master of Peterhouse from 1473 – 1500.
Building began in Warkworth Street in about 1879. The houses were built by the three Gray brothers, a firm of local builders to the design of the architect R R Rowe. The houses were let on 99 year leases by Peterhouse, the landowners.
Ten houses had been built in Warkworth street by 1881. Among the first residents was Joseph Wiles, a schoolmaster.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.