Royal Commission Survey of Cambridge 1959: Mafeking Cottage … has timber framed walls faced with modern rendering and thatched roofs. The SW half with a projecting first floor is of the 16th century; the NE half may be a slightly later addition; the two were once separate dwellings. A 19th century cottage joins on the SW… No original doorways or windows survive. Inside are chamfered ceiling beams on the ground floor and exposed wall-posts with enlarged heads on the upper floor. Two of the doors are old, one of planks, the other incorporating panelling of c. 1600.
In 1993 Mafeking Cottage was still standing though the cottages in the background of the photo had gone.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.