The Parish Room/Green Hut was built in 1902 and demolished in 2020. In many ways its history reflects the history of Cherry Hinton itself through that period.
In 1902 Cherry Hinton was a small village with mainly agricultural land though Pamplin Brothers, Agricultural & Mechanical Engineers & Machinists, had premises opposite the Church on the corner of Coldhams Lane and the High Street. Of course St. Andrews (with no Church Centre) and the Baptist Church (no Family Centre) were there but there was only one school on the High Street where Cherry Hinton Primary School is now, a few public houses and shops.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.