Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Chesterton
  • Back Forward
A black-and-white postcard showing a large, two-story brick boat house with a wooden balcony and a crew rowing on the river.

Trinity boat house

Trinity College boat house (First & Third Trinity boat house)

History of the First and Third Trinity boat house

The history of the Trinity boat clubs can be found here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_and_Third_Trinity_Boat_Club

The site of the original Third Trinity boat house is now that of St Catherine’s College boat house.

A crew of nine men rows a long boat on the river in front of timber boathouses, with a man on horseback standing on the bank.

Trinity College Head of the River crew, 1870.

A brick boathouse surrounded by floodwater with many people sitting and standing on its raised terrace and upper floor windows.

Trinity boathouse in 1918 floods.

Tags

  • Building of Local Interest

Projects

  • Chesterton

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Chesterton

28 Park Parade

26 – 27 Sidney Street

15 Clarendon Street

45 George Street, Albany House, Cambridge

58 Victoria Road, Victoria Road Furnishing Works, Cambridge

114 Chesterton Road, Stella House, Cambridge

5 Victoria Park

27 Leys Avenue

4 Beaconsfield Terrace, Victoria Road, Cambridge

49 Searle Street

138 Victoria Road, Cambridge

195 Victoria Road, Cambridge

125 Victoria Road, Cambridge