Parish Church, very fine, Perpendicular, believed to be the work of Reginald Ely, master mason of King’s College Chapel Cambridge. Built while John Higham was vicar 1439-67; inscription above chancel arch 1464 for the completion of the nave roof. The early C12 tower rebuilt above first two stages with C15 third stage and octagon; western end of C14 south aisle survives in part with C15 vestry or treasury. Spirlet above lantern to the tower dated 1799.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.