Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
Mill Lane, 1885 OS Map

64 Mill Lane, Brook House, Fordham

History of Brook House

Listed building:

House, early C19. Gault brick with selected bricks in front facade, slate roof, end stacks. Two storeys and basement, three storeys to rear range. Symmetrical facade of three ‘bays’.

1851: Mill Lane

[association with of this property with F D  Fyson seems likely РRGL 2021]

Robert Dillamore Fyson, 59, farmer of 600 acres employing 65 labourer, b Fordham

Sophia, 54, b Isleham

James Fletcher, 34, nephew assisting on farm, b London

Ann, niece, 25, b Isleham

Robert, nephew, 28, assisting on farm, b London

Emily Daynes, 26, cook, b Norfolk

Susan Scarr, 19, housemaid, b Isleham

Ann Frost, 19, kitchenmaid, b Suffolk

It was Mrs R Dillamore Fyson who was the champion of James Reynolds Withers and his poetry when he arrived in Fordham.

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.