Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Kirtling
  • Back Forward
A thatched-roof building with a shopfront displaying advertisements, including Lyons Tea, and a man standing in the doorway.

Kirtling Post Office c.1930(Photo J H Bullock) (Cambridgeshire Collection)

Post Office, Kirtling

History of the Post office, Kirtling Street

A black and white 1901 Ordnance Survey map detail showing property boundaries, plot numbers, a Post Office, and allotments.

Kirtling 1901 OS

The caption by Bullock to his photois ‘Kirtling Post Office, shewing the well known antiquarian Dr W M Palmer FSA of Linton on a chocolate raid.’ There were six shops in the 1890s and only two after 1918. By 2000 the shop in Kirtling Street was only open 2 days a week.

Projects

  • Kirtling

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Kirtling

Oak Farm, Woodditton Road, Kirtling

Fawns Cottage, Mill Road, Kirtling

Larretts, 152 The Street, Kirtling

Mill Cottage, Mill Road, Kirtling

Hunters Moon, Mill Road, Kirtling

School Cottage, 41 The Street, Kirtling

56 The Street, Kirtling

The Queens Head, Cowling Road, Kirtling

Kirtling and Upend War Memorial

The Beehive Inn, Kirtling