Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Littleport
  • Back Forward
A street scene with brick buildings, a person walking in the foreground, two cyclists, and a horse-drawn cart in the distance.

5a Main Street, Littleport c1905 (Cambs Collection)

5 Main Street, Littleport

History of 5 Main Street

5a was the home of William Tallis, potato merchant. On the extreme right is the harness and saddle shop of Charles Defew.

1911

William Tallis, 62, retired potato merchant, b Littleport

Rebecca, 54, b Littleport

Two-story yellow brick building with a white front door, ground and first-floor bay windows, and a 1901 datestone above the door.

5 Main Street Littleport

Projects

  • Littleport

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Littleport

Bank, Main Street, Littleport

26 & 28 Wellington Street, Littleport

2 Main Street, Littleport

The Crown, Littleport

18 Wellington Street, Littleport

1 & 3 Station Road, Littleport

8 Station Road, Littleport

2 Victoria Street, Littleport

44 Victoria Street, Littleport

Audley House, Littleport