Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Soham
  • Back Forward
A two-story Georgian house with a pediment stands in front of a church with a tall, crenellated tower amidst bare trees.

St Andrew House, Soham, vicarage until 1953

St Andrews House, Vicarage, High Street, Soham

Hisory of St Andrews House

Listed Building

House, formerly the rectory, c.1840, now flats. (Historic England)

An older building was modified circa 1720, a building which can now only be perceived in the structure of some of the walls and the cellars. Chimney pots were created in the mid 18th century.

Rev Boughey lived here from 1927 to 1953. He had succeeded Rev John Cyprian Rust who was vicar for 53 years. In 1954 the vicarage moved to Cross Green to the home of the Slack family. St Andrew’s was then converted into flats.

Tags

  • Listed building

Projects

  • Soham

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Soham

The White Cottage, Royal Oak Lane, Hemingford Abbots

36 Church Lane, Churchview, Little Abington

Walnut Tree Cottage, Streetly End

3 & 5 Pratt Street, Soham

Middle Mere windmill, Soham

27 High Street, Soham

documents

Soham Rail Disaster 1944

Addison House, 18 Sand Street, Soham

Downfields / Pollards windmill, Soham

The Moat, College Close, Soham

Causeway Cottage and Causeway House, Soham

Mereside, Soham

Mereside Cottage, Soham