Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • East Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Wentworth
  • Back Forward
A brick building with a tiled roof and a tall sign reading The Fish and Duck stands behind a wooden fence in an open landscape.

The Fish and Duck, Wentworth, 1930 (photo J H Bullock) (Cambridgeshire Collection)

Fish and Duck, Wentworth

History of the Fish and Duck

A black and white Ordnance Survey map section of Wentworth showing property boundaries, St. Peter's Church, and the Fish & Duck.

Wentworth, OS 1925

Three people stand before a brick inn with a bay window, next to a horse-drawn cart and a faded inscription on the foreground.

Fish and Duck, Wentworth, 1917 (Cambs Collection)

In 1917 the landlord was George Dewey. When widowed, he married his housekeeper Edith Hughes. She and her brother Isaac later became the landlords. Thy were followed by Mr and Mrs Fish.


1911

George Dewey, 53, beer retailer green grocer, b Witchford

Elizabeth, 55, b Witchford

Elizabeth, mother, 76, widow, old age pensioner, b Witcham

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Wentworth

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Wentworth

56 Norfolk Street, Norfolk Arms, The Norfolk, The Man on the Moon, The Office, The Blue Moon

The Old Bull Inn, High Street, Royston

Prince Albert, 6, 8, 10 High Street Chesterton

Wentworth Scrapbook