Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Chatteris
  • Back Forward
Seven children stand in front of a small, brick cottage with a tiled roof, a tavern sign, and an old sign above the doorway.

The Plum Tree, Somersham Road, Chatteris c1900

The Plum Tree, Somersham Road, Chatteris

History of the The Plum Tree

An 1885 Ordnance Survey map extract showing the Plum Tree and Blue Ball public houses in Chatteris with labeled site numbers.

The Plum Tree, Chatteris OS 1885

In Mepal Vignettes (2005) George Green describes his childhood at The Plum Tree, where his father sold beer and drove the school bus.

During World War 1 the family moved to Mepal.

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Chatteris

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Chatteris

Crown and Anchor, 68 St Mary’s Street, Ely

The Falcon, Whittlesey

Bull Inn, 1 & 2 Old Bull Yard, St Neots

7 Market Hill, Chatteris

100 High Street, Chatteris

110 High Street, Chatteris

Clare Street (Anchor Street), Chatteris

Chatteris Museum, 2 Park Street, Chatteris

133 High Street, Chatteris

121 High Street, Chatteris

48 & 50 High Street, Chatteris

Sutton Gault, North Fen, Chatteris

42 High Street, Chatteris