Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Guyhirn
  • Back Forward

Chapel of Ease, Guyhirn

History of Chapel of Ease

Listed Building

Formerly the parish church, dated 1660 on lintel over doorway, replacing a mediaeval church in the village. The chapel is
an important example of ecclesiastical building during the Commonwealth. It is associated with the late C17 and C18 Anabaptist sect, the Culimites, whose leader David Culy is believed to have preached there.

Tags

  • chapel
  • Listed building

Projects

  • Guyhirn

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Guyhirn

Gate Piers, Ely Road

2 Station Road, Orchard House, Waterbeach

34 High Street, Landbeach

Guyhirn Station, Ring’s End, Wisbech

St Mary Magdalene, Guyhirn

West End, Guyhirn

Ashtree Farmhouse, Guyhirn

Guyhirn Bridge

Toll Gate House, Guyhirn

Moreton’s Leam, Guyhirn

Chapelfield Road, Guyhirn