Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Wisbech
  • Back Forward
Cobbled street view showing brick buildings, a bicycle rider, horse-drawn cart, and signs for the Hippodrome and the Arcade.

Upper Hill Street, Wisbech c.1910

Hill House, Racey’s Arcade, Upper Hill Street, Wisbech

History of Hill House

A monochrome map detail shows streets and buildings in Wisbech, featuring Hill House, East Street, and Blackfriars Road.

Wisbech OS 1900

Photo is from before WWI. On left, Trinity Guild Hall and Grammar School. In the far distance is Racey’s Arcade former site of Hill House.

1920s Racey’s Arcade replaced by Empire Theatre

Projects

  • Wisbech

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Wisbech

Lloyds Bank, 3 North Brink, Wisbech

Castle Lodge, 1 Museum Square, Wisbech

1 & 2 North End, Wisbech

5 Ely Place, Wisbech

Peckover House, Bank House, 15 North Brink, Wisbech

Wisbech Castle

Half Moon, Nene Quay, Wisbech

21 Lynn Road, Wisbech

31 and 32 Somers Road, Wisbech

8 Market Place, Wisbech