Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Fenland
  • /
  • Wisbech
  • Back Forward
A monochrome drawing shows a classical building with arched ground-floor windows, an adjacent narrower structure, and ruins.

Corn Exchange, Wisbech (S Smith 1858, Wisbech Museum)

Wisbech Town Council, Corn Exchange, 1 North Brink

History of Wisbech Town Council

Listed Building

Town Hall built originally as the Exchange Hall in 1811 by Joseph Medworth (1752-1827) with open, arcaded ground floor. Archways infilled in 1831, and after 1836 became the Town Hall. The Corn Exchange to rear was built in 1857, architect Bellamy. Street facade altered in 1856. Local brick with limestone.

Sources

  • Historic England
  • Wisbech and Fenland Museum

Tags

  • Listed building

Projects

  • Wisbech

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Wisbech

30 High Street, Stretham

58 High Street, Abbotsley

St Peter and St Paul, Steeple Morden

4 Ely Place, Wisbech

3 & 4 Old Market, Wisbech

7 & 8 South Brink & 1 South Brink Place, Octavia Hill Museum,Wisbech

29 Market Place, Wisbech

Hare and Hounds, 4 North Brink, Wisbech

2 Museum Square, Wisbech

16 – 22 South Brink, Wisbech

27 & 28 Market Place, Wisbech

12 The Crescent, Wisbech

6 North End, Wisbech