Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Bluntisham
  • Back Forward
A brick building with twin gables and porches behind a graveyard filled with stone headstones in a rural setting.

Bluntisham meeting House

The Meeting House, High Street, Bluntisham

History of the Meeting House

Listed Building:

Meeting House, dated 1874 (rebuilt from 1787 building on site) on plaque. Red brick with reddened brick dressings. … Gallery with carved pine balustrade supported on wooden Doric columns. Carpentry, work of John Wheatley (1812-1888) of Bluntisham. Carved oak pulpit, table and four chairs by P A Humphrey (d.1960) of Bluntisham. C18 staircase from original meeting house in vestry. (Included for historic interest as the traditional centre of local non-conformity).

Tags

  • chapel
  • Listed building

Projects

  • Bluntisham

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Bluntisham

Merton Grange, 97 Station Road, Gamlingay

2 Scroope Terrace, Trumpington Street

50 High Street, Orwell

Bluntisham Station

59 & 59a Woodend, Bluntisham

Rose Cottage, 17 Woodend, Bluntisham

Barham House, 40 High Street, Bluntisham

27 & 29 High Street, Bluntisham

Horseshoe Cottage, 7 Colne Road, Bluntisham

The Gables, 4 Colne Road, Bluntisham

26 High Street, Bluntisham

2 Colne Road, Bluntisham

6 Rectory Road, Bluntisham