Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Hartford
  • Back Forward
A curving road passes brick buildings including a shop with signage for E. Watts and a central inn on a bright, hazy day.

Barley Mow and post office, Hartford, 1933 (CRO)

The Barley Mow, Hartford

History of the Barley Mow

The main road originally took a double bend around the Barley Mow.

A 1901 Ordnance Survey map detail showing building footprints, land parcels, and labels for The Barley Mow and local chapel.

Hartford OS 1901

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Hartford

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Hartford

Falcon Inn, Market Hill, Huntingdon

70 & 71 East Road, George IV, Cambridge

Cross Keys, Northside, Whittlesey

All Saints, Hartford

Anchor Inn, Hartford