Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Huntingdon
  • Back Forward
A green-painted building with a central doorway, an antique shop sign, and a silhouette of a soldier painted on the wall.

St Mary Street, drill hall, Huntingdon

St Mary’s Street drill hall, Huntingdon

History of Drill Hall

The drill hall in St Mary’s Street was converted from a brewery for use by ‘H’ Company 5th (Huntingdonshire) Battalion, Bedfordshire Regiment, from 1908, and as HQ Huntingdonshire Cyclist Battalion 1914-18.

Tags

  • world war one

Projects

  • Huntingdon

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Huntingdon

5 Luard Road, Dysart/Wivelingham, Cambridge

10 Grange Road, Glebelands, Cambridge

7 Herbert Street

153 High Street, Huntingdon

156 High Street, Huntingdon

Huntingdon Castle Hills

77, 79 Ermine Street, Huntingdon

61 – 62 High Street, Huntingdon

Central Furnishing Stores, 1 All Saints Passage, 52 High Street, Huntingdon

63 & 63a High Street, Huntingdon

144 High Street, Huntingdon

132 High Street, Huntingdon

1 Princes Street, Huntingdon