Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Papworth St Agnes
  • Back Forward

Cottage farm, Papworth St Agnes

History of Cottage Farm

Dora Tack writes about the farm in Whispering Elms.

1942 empty and dilapidated

The farm was sold to Jim and Harry Billings in 1944. It was sometimes mistakenly referred to as Baldock Farm.

In 1941 a plane on a test flight from RAF Wyton crashed nearby in Barnfield Lane. All the crew died.

Tags

  • world war two

Projects

  • Papworth St Agnes

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Papworth St Agnes

Cambridge Industrial School, Harvey Goodwin Home for Waifs and Strays

23 Gothic Street, Cambridge

Barnwell Theatre, Festival Theatre, Theatre Royal, Cambridge Buddhist Centre, 38 Newmarket Road

Hill farm cottages, Papworth St Agnes

Row of Cottages facing Passhouse farm, Papworth St Agnes

Melrose Cottages, Lattenbury Hill, Papworth St Agnes

Hill Farm, Papworth St Agnes

Rose Cottage, Papworth St Agnes

Tacks’ Cottage, Papworth St Agnes

Lattenbury Farm Cottages, Papworth St Agnes

Manor Cottage, Papworth St Agnes

Brookside Cottages, Lattenbury Farm, Papworth St Agnes

Clematis & Rose Cottages, Lattenbury Hill, Papworth St Agnes