Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Huntingdon­shire
  • /
  • Pondersbridge
  • Back Forward
A monochrome archival photograph of The Green Man public house with a cart and motorcycles parked in front of the building.

Green Man, Pondersbridge

The Green Man, Pondersbridge

History of the Green Man

Detailed 1886 Ordnance Survey map fragment showing Pondersbridge, with field numbers, water channels, and building footprints.

Pondersbridge OS 1886

1822 William Beard

1869 William Tuxford

1870s John Berridge

John Boyce

1891 William Beard

1898 Harriet Beard

1899 William Thomas Cornet

1908 James Johnson

1930 Leonard Tatt

1957 Ralph Whitwell

1970 pub closed

Source: Millennium Memories of Whittlesey Number 9

 

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Pondersbridge

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Pondersbridge

The Maltings, School Street, Great Chesterford

Red Lion, High Street, Soham

Royal Oak, Station Road, Ely

25 Gothic Street, Cambridge

1 Victoria Street, Ely

28 & 26 St Matthew’s Street, Cambridge

60 – 68 Market Street, Ely

48 Staffordshire Street, Cambridge

48 Cavendish Avenue, Cambridge

13 Caroline Place, Cambridge

Aldingbourne, Selwyn Gardens

12 Ferry Path, Chesterton

72 Chesterton Road, Cambridge