Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Lincolnshire
  • /
  • Sutton Bridge
  • Back Forward
A sailboat with dark sails glides on a river past a lighthouse standing on the low, grassy bank in the background.

Sutton Bridge lighthouse (photo Lilian Ream) c 1930s

Sutton Bridge, Sir Peter Scott lighthouse

History of Sutton Bridge lighthouse

Black and white Ordnance Survey map segment showing Guy's Head Farm and two disused lighthouses along a waterway.

North of Sutton Bridge OS 1903

The lighthouse was built in 1830. Sir Peter Scott moved here in 1933.

Projects

  • Sutton Bridge

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Sutton Bridge

Stephenson’s Bridge, Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire