Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Mill Road Area Cambridge
  • /
  • Mill Road
  • Back Forward
Two-story brick building with a Royal Fast Food sign above large display windows covered with sheets of newspaper.

Courtesy of the Suzy Oakes Collection

105 (63) (40) Mill Road

History of 105 Mill Road

1881: (40)
George Hyde, 39, grocer, b Cambridge

1891: (63)
Walter Tansley, 27, hairdresser, b Essex

1901
Charles Morton, 52, confectioner, b Northants

1913
Mrs  Moden, tobacconist and confectioner

1978: Quality Fish Shop

A corner building housing the Quality Fish Shop with large advertising posters on its side wall and a van parked alongside.

Courtesy of the Cambridgeshire Collection, B.MILL.K78 51223

2005: Royal Fast Food

Two-story brick building with a Royal Fast Food sign above large display windows covered with sheets of newspaper.

Courtesy of the Suzy Oakes Collection

Projects

  • Mill Road

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Mill Road

68 (34 & 36) (17 & 18 & 19) Mill Road, Cambridge

226 Mill Road

123 – 131 Mill Road

247 Mill Road

382 Mill Road

61 Mill Road (19) (9 Pulling Terrace)

St Philip’s Church, Mill Road, Cambridge

113 (69) Mill Road

256 Mill Road

320 Mill Road