Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

85 (43) (48 & 47) Mill Road

History of 85 Mill Road

In 1882 number 47 was converted into the entrance way to Sturton Town Hall. Number 48 was renumbered 43 and later became offices and stores for the Kinema.

Read more about Sturton Town Hall and the Kinema.

Census

1861: (48 & 47)

(47) Richard Southell, 22, engine smith, b Hunts
(48) John Legge, 50, foundry labourer, b Cambridge

1871: (48 & 47)

(47) George Brooks, 32, railway engine driver, b Wisbech
(48) William Harper, 32, engine fitter railway, b Norfolk

1881: (48 & 47)

(47) Naomi Slater, 59, tobacconist, b Stapleford
(48) George Brooks, 41, railway engine driver, b Wisbech

1891: (43)

Mary Griffin, widow, 54, b Cambridge

1901:

Barber shop only / Salvation Army

1913;

H Cullum, picture frame maker and mount cutter

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.