Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

121 (46) Mill Road, The Limes

History of 121 Mill Road

Royal Commission Survey of Cambridge 1959: is dated 1846 on a stone panel in the S gable end. It is of some interest as an early example of the lofty, irregularly-planned house of indeterminate Gothic inspiration that was soon to appear in great numbers suburban development in most parts of the country.

1861: (46)

James Headley, 47, civil engineer empl. 34 and 4 boys, b Cambridge

1871: The Limes

James Headley, engineer manager of coprolite, b Cambridge

1881: The Limes

James Headley, engineer and merchant, 67, b Cambridge

1891: The Limes

Algernon H Lyon, 36, solicitor, b Cambridge

1901:

Henry A G Sherlock, District Engineer GER, b Worcester

1913:

H A G Sherlock

1962:

(121b) The Cambridge Artificial Stone Company

(121a) A J Nunn, builders

 

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.