Mollison family at 5 Cranmer Road early 1900s (source family)
5 Cranmer Road
History of 5 Cranmer Road
Mollison family move here from Pendeen House, 5 Hills Road.The house had been designed by J B Lock, bursar of Caius, for the Mollison family.
Marjory Walker, probably at Cranmer Road (source family)
The photo shows Marjory Walker with Elsa, probably at Cranmer Road. Marjory’s older brother Keith is standing (left). Seated are WL Mollison, Wynnard Hooper, Marjory Walker, Margaret Hooper and Ellen, with Elsa in front. William’s younger sisterElsa introduced him to her contemporary (1902-5) at Newnham, Marjory Walker (1883-1966). They married in December 1908 and went on to have 6 children.
William Loudon Mollison, senior fellow tutor and lecturer of Clare College
William Loudon Mollison sold 5 Cranmer Road on moving into the Master’s Lodge at Clare where he was Master 1915-1929.
1916 – 1920: ?
David Lewis Harris, law Lecturer Downing College
Guy Wentworth Stanley
Stanley family were previously at 2 Scroope Terrace, e.g. in 1911 census)
– 2 brothers and 3 sisters, according to Elihu Lauterpacht.
There were 4 of them at 5 Cranmer Rd in the 1939 `census’; Constance
had recently died.
Maurice doesn’t appear at % CR in elec rolls of the 1930s, so possibly
a recent retiree in 1939.
Miss Winifred Wentworth Stanley
Lauterpacht Centre for International Law
Elihu Lauterpacht’s father, Hersch, bought no.6 in 1937; it
was probably sold at his death in 1960. Elihu, as director of the law centre now named after the two of them arranged the purchase of no.5 for the centre in 1985, and of no.7 in 2005.
For information about Professor Sir Elihu Lauterpacht see: