Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Peter­borough
  • /
  • Eye
  • Back Forward

Eye Smock Mill

History of Smock Mill

There were two mills in Eye, the tower mill, which became known as Odams, and a smock mill, just to the north of the railway.

An 1885 Ordnance Survey map extract showing plots of land, a windmill, The Greyhound pub, a brewery, and a gravel pit.

Eye OS 1885 smock mill

 

Tags

  • windmill

Projects

  • Eye

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Eye

Downfield Windmill, Soham

Littleport windmill

The Windmill, Stretham

Odam’s Mill, Eye Tower Mill