Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Petersfield Cambridge
  • /
  • Tenison Road
  • Back Forward
A row of brick and white-painted Victorian houses on a street, with The Salisbury Arms pub and many bicycles parked outside.

74-78 Tenison Road

76 Tenison Road ( and Wilkin Street), Salisbury

History of 76 Tenison Road

Brick corner building with a For Sale sign over the entrance and a street name plate for Wilkin Street on the side wall.

Salisbury Hotel & 73 Tenison Road (MoC169/75)

1908

A drawing of the Salisbury Commercial Hotel with text on the wall and two men standing by the entrance on a quiet street.

Salisbury Hotel, 1908, with George Scott, proprietor

1913

Salisbury Commercial Hotel

1962

Salisbury Public House

1975

CAMRA bought both the Salisbury and 73 Tenison Road into order to create a  ‘real ale’ pub.

Projects

  • Tenison Road
  • Wilkin Street

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Tenison Road

39 Tenison Road

6 Tenison Road

31 Tenison Road

150 Tenison Road, Olney House

63 Tenison Road

70 Tenison Road

108 Tenison Road

36 Tenison Road

102 Tenison Road

64 Tenison Road