Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Arrington
  • Back Forward
Oil painting of a woman with dark curly hair wearing a dark low-cut dress with large white puffed sleeves and gold bracelets.

Maria, Baroness Ravensworth, mother of 4th Countess of Hardwicke

Countess of Hardwicke Almshouses, Ermine Way

History of 123 - 129 Ermine Way

Listed building:

Originally 6, now 4 almshouses 1846 by H E Kendall for Susan, 4th Countess of Harwicke in memory of her mother, Maria, Baroness Ravensworth.

A symmetrical stone building with gabled wings, tall chimneys, and a central arched entrance reached by a set of steps.

Arrington almshouses, 1846 (RCHM)

Eight people stand in front of the stone arched doorway of a brick building featuring a carved coat of arms above the entrance.

Almshouse, Arrington c.1900 (MoC401/54)

Tags

  • Almshouse
  • Listed building

Projects

  • Arrington

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Arrington

43 Main Street, Coveney

The Green Man, Market Hill, Royston

83 Station Road, Woodcock Cottage, Impington

White Hall Cottages, Arrington

The Limes, Ermine Way

St Nicholas, Arrington

Wraggs Farm, Arrington

Hardwicke Arms Hotel, Arrington

Church Farm House, Arrington

1 Church Lane, Arrington

Bridge Farmhouse, 5 Ermine Way

Cottages, Arrington

113 – 115 Ermine Way, Arrington