Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Bassingbourn
  • Back Forward

29 South End, Bassingbourn

History of 29 South End, Bassingbourn

Listed Building:

House formerly the farmhouse to Clear’s Farm. Early C17 extended and altered c.1810.

Barns, coach house, bakehouse and maltings incorporating an original wool hall or similar building. Circa 1500 with early C17 alterations, additions c.1700 and 1800 (dated tie beam) and later partly altered in c.1810. Plastered and weather boarded timber frame with c.1700 red brick and painted brick walls.


These buildings survived the arson attack of 1849 by discontented farm labourers; they were formerly part of Clear farm.

Tags

  • Listed building
  • tudor

Projects

  • Bassingbourn

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Bassingbourn

127 High Street, Great Abington

The Kyles, Long Lane, Linton

18 Bartlow Road, Emson’s Farmhouse, Linton

Garden House, 10 North End, Bassingbourn

26 North End, Fern Cottage, Bassingbourn

41 High Street, Bassingbourn

38 Old North Road, Tudor Cottage, Bassingbourn

57 High Street, The Limes, Bassingbourn

83 High Street, Bassingbourn

106 North End, Bassingbourn

10 Causeway (East End), Lilac Cottage, Bassingbourn

Frog Hall, 173 Bridge Street, Bassingbourn

Spring Lane, Bassingbourn