Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Gamlingay
  • Back Forward
Large, dark-toned wooden panelling with arched central sections and decorative carvings stands against a plain interior wall.

Gamlingay, old school, reredors from a chapel in Hatton Garden, London c.1690 (RCHM)

Church Cottage, 94 Church Street, Former School and Parish Room

History of 94 Church Street

Listed Building

School and schoolhouse, now parish room and cottage. 1848. … A stone panel inscribed “Gamlingay Schools 1848” in the tympanum.  … Inside: the former school room retains a reredos. Reset possibly from Chapel of St Etheldreda, Ely Place, London or from the chapel in Hatton Garden, Holborn parish.  (Historic England)

 

Tags

  • Listed building
  • school

Projects

  • Gamlingay

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Gamlingay

Hardwicke Arms Hotel, Arrington

14 Crown Street, Merryland, St Ives

Merry’s Farmhouse, Wimpole Road, Great Eversden

School, Honey Hill, Gamlingay

Gamlingay data

Cross Farm, Gamlingay

Blythe Farm, Mill Street, Gamlingay

Cottages, Waresley Road (Bell Foundry Close)

10 Mill Street, The Chequers, Gamlingay

1 & 3 The Cinques, Gamlingay

Live and Let Live, Everton Road, Gamlingay

53 Church Street, Gamlingay

47 Mill Street, Gamlingay