Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Great Shelford
  • Back Forward

The Peacock, 11 Church Street, Great Shelford

History of the Peacock

A black and white Ordnance Survey map detail showing buildings, roads, the word School, and a public house marked as P.H.

Great Shelford OS 1901

Once owned by Fordham’s brewery, it was also the HQ of the Shelford Rugby Club.

From 1950 – 2006 there was a bath-house next door.

Tags

  • Public House

Projects

  • Great Shelford

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Great Shelford

George and Dragon, The Green, Houghton

The Old George, Queen Street, Whittlesey

17 Trinity Street, Blue Boar Hotel, Cambridge

1 High Green, Great Shelford

documents

Shelfords data

Flowerdale, 14 Woollards Lane, Great Shelford

The Beechwoods

17 High Green, Great Shelford

Gippeswyk, 22 High Street, Great Shelford

Woodlands, Woollards Lane, Great Shelford

Causewayed enclosure at Great Shelford

40 Granhams Road

Freestone’s Corner, Great Shelford