Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Guilden Morden
  • Back Forward

Odsey Park, Icknield Way, Guilden Morden

History of Odsey Park

Listed Building

Large house. Early to mid C19 with dated ‘HCF 1897’ extension. (Historic England)

House formerly the Jockey house. Circa 1705. Late C18 alterations, and late C19 and C20 additions. … The jockey house and stables were part of the racing establishment owned by the Second and Third Dukes of Devonshire. They were possibly the buildings ‘newly erected for race-horses’ by Thos. Fountaine and John Duckett, of Lincoln’s Inn before 1705 and the sale of the property to Robert Chester. 

 

 

Tags

  • Listed building

Projects

  • Guilden Morden

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Guilden Morden

The Three Horseshoes Tavern, 6 The Pavement, St Ives

Cambridge University Centre

The Downs, High Street, Croxton

Rectory Farm, New Road, Guilden Morden

The Bells, 1 Fox Hill Road, Guilden Morden

Well Cottage, 36 High Street, Guilden Morden

19 Pound Green, Guilden Morden

The Cottage, 53 High Street, Guilden Morden

Swan House, Guilden Morden

Wyndholme, 66 High Street, Guilden Morden

Duck Lane farm, Dubs Knoll Road, Guilden Morden

Horse Shoe Cottage, 32 High Street, Guilden Morden

7 Church Street, Guilden Morden