Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Hardwick
  • Back Forward
A low brick building with a tiled roof stands by a road, with a man standing in its doorway and a taller terrace behind it.

Blacksmith’s shop, Hardwick, 1928 (Photo J H Bullock) (Cambridgeshire Collection)

Blacksmith’s shop, Hardwick

History of the Blacksmith's Shop

A 1901 Ordnance Survey map detail showing St. Mary's Church, a graveyard, the Blue Lion public house, and a labeled smithy.

Hardwick, smithy at centre, OS map 1901

John Randall’s blacksmith’s shop and former village was disused by 1928.

Projects

  • Hardwick

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Hardwick

Pump, Small Green, Hardwick

St Mary, Hardwick

Hardwick data

Victoria Farm Cottage, 1 Main Street, Hardwick

Chequers, 87 Main Street, Hardwick

The Blue Lion, 74 Main Street, Hardwick

34 Main Street, Hardwick

Old Victoria Farmhouse, 26 Main Street, Hardwick