Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Hildersham
  • Back Forward

Hildersham barrow

History of Hildersham Roman barrow

Cyril Fox, 1923, The Archaeology of the Cambridge Region, writes:

On a low lying site in the valley of the Bourn River, 150 yards from the west end of Hildersham Church, a barrow very regular in form – originally a perfect cone – 190 feet in circumference, was examined by Neville in 1852, and his record is preserved in the Audley End Museum.

Various fragments of Roman pottery were found.

Tags

  • archaeology
  • Roman

Projects

  • Hildersham

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Hildersham

Two Mill Field, Cottenham

documents

Must Farm

Romano-British settlement, Cottenham

Fred’s Cottage, Hildersham

Bridge House, High Street, Hildersham

Hildersham Village Hall

Manor House, Hildersham

Hildersham Data

The Pear Tree, High Street, Hildersham

Rookery House, Hildersham

Post Office, Hildersham

Mabbutts, High Buildings, Hugh Street, Hildersham

Hildersham meadows