Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Kingston
  • Back Forward

Kingston Nonconformist chapel interior, 1932 (photo P Salmon) (Cambridgeshire Collection)

Congregational Chapel, Kingston

History of Congregational Chapel, Kingston

Kingston OS 1886

The Meeting House dates from about 1839. The first Sunday in June was recognized as the Chapel anniversary when the evening service as held in the large barn at Town Farm. In 1851 an evening service attracted 100 people, by 1926 there was only a congregation of 26 for the combined chapels of Kingston and Great Eversden. By 1967 the number was 6.

Tags

  • chapel

Projects

  • Kingston

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Kingston

Panton Street Chapel / Hall (Christian Science / Primitive Methodist)

The Baptist Chapel, Isleham Fen

Mission Church of St Andrew, Burwell

Kingston Pastures Farmhouse, Old Wimpole Road

All Saints and St Andrew, Church Lane, Kingston

The Old Rectory, Rectory Lane, Kingston

Dovecot Cottage, Kingston

Pryors Cottage, Field Road, Kingston

Kingston data

Thatches, Rectory Lane, Kingston

Paynes farmhouse, Field Road, Kingston

Town Farmhouse, Tinkers Lane, Kingston

The Old Post Office, Rectory Lane, Kingston