Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Litlington
  • Back Forward

Pig and Abbot (Derby and Joan), Abington Pigotts

History of the Derby and Joan

Listed Building

Public House. Early to mid C18 incorporating an early building. (Historic England)

Much of Abington Pigotts was in the hands of the Pigot family since John Pigot, merchant of the Staple in London City acquired it before 1427.

The inn is remarkably large for such a small village.

Tags

  • Listed building
  • Public House

Projects

  • Litlington

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Litlington

Balls Grove, 7 Mill Way, Grantchester

St Pandiona and St John the Baptist, Eltisley

3 & 5 Downham Road, Ely

Albany House, 12 Silver Street, Litlington

1 & 2 Silver Street, Litlington

The Nook, South Street, Litlington

Highfield Farm, Royston Road, Litlington

The White House, South Street, Litlington

Little Place, Meetings Lane, Litlington

Smithy, Church Street / Royston Road, Litlington

Horse and Groom, The Thrift, Royston Road, Litlington

Pack Family history

The Cottages, 1 – 5 Royston Road, Litlington