Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Little Gransden
  • Back Forward
Tudor-style building with white walls, timber framing, and a tiled roof, seen behind bare trees and a green lawn.

Norris Almshouses, Little Gransden (RGL2025)

Norris Almshouses, Church Street, Little Gransden

History of Norris Almshouses

The Norris Almshouses were built in 1903 with money bequested by Julia Norris, niece of Frederick Norris, rector of the parish 1831-1856. They were built for widows and poor people of the parish; each had part of the garden to use as an allotment.

Tags

  • Almshouse

Projects

  • Little Gransden

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Little Gransden

University Almshouses

19 (7) Shelly Row

Mary Hatch Almshouses, 22 – 26 North Street, Wicken

Brook Cottage, 10 Main Road, Little Gransden

Fullers Hill Farmhouse, Little Gransden

The Old Rectory, 1 Church Street, Little Gransden

Brookfield Cottage, 12 Main Road, Little Gransden

Little Betheham, 37, & The Woods, 35, Church Street

Brook Farm Cottage, 2 Main Road, Little Gransden

14 & 16 Church Street, Little Gransden

St Peter and St Paul, Little Gransden

18 & 20 Church Street, Little Gransden

Gransdens Data