Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • South Cambridge­shire
  • /
  • Willingham
  • Back Forward
A close-up, black and white studio shot of a small, textured metal bust featuring a bearded man with curly hair.

Bust from Willingham Fen Hoard, now in Arch. Museum, Univ of Cambridge

Hempsalls field, Willingham Fen hoard

History of Willingham hoard

The Willingham Fen hoard was found by a ploughman in 1857 in ‘Hempsalls’ field. It was acquired in 1918 by the Camb. Univ. Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology.

https://www.proquest.com/openview/948174a41cf53a9f3e35c90a59b29686/1?pq-origsite=gscholar&cbl=1818741

 

Tags

  • Roman

Projects

  • Willingham

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Willingham

Fen Drayton Road, Swavesey

Former Unwins Nursery Site, Impington Lane

Cambridge Regional College (CRC)/Kings Hedges Farm

Cattell’s Mill, Willingham

“Village Voices”: Stories and Memories from the Cambridgeshire Fens

Fen End, Willingham

1 Fen End, Willingham

2 Church Street, The Windmill, Ringer’s Rest

38 Silver Street, Willingham

64 Church Street, Willingham

66 & 68 Church Street, Willingham

George and Dragon, 8 George Street, Willingham

Church Farmhouse, 29 Church Street, Willingham