Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
Edward Henry Knight (1884) Knight'S New Mechanical Dictionary; A Description Of Tools, Instruments, Machines, Processes, And Engineering, Houghton, Mifflin and Co.

Mill House/Ethel Cottage

History of Mill House/Ethel Cottage

1901

In the 1901 census two properties are listed which would have been near this location but by 1911 appear to have either disappeared of been incorporated into the house built from 93-105 Cherry Hinton Road.


Mill House – back part

Alice E Day, 17, post office telegraphist, born Kent

Kathleen, 9, born Suffolk

Dorothy, 7, born Norfolk

Gladys, 5, born Norfolk

Hannah Whiting, mother in law, widow, 81, born Cambs

Florence Dyball, servant, 20, born Norfolk


Ethel Cottage:

Edward Selby, 38, coal merchant’s foreman, born Hunts

Emma, 45, born Essex

Ethel, 8, born Essex

By 1911 the Selbys had moved to 209 Cherry Hinton Road.

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.