Search by topic
Search by text
Notes on The Marque Hills Road
The first building on this site was the King and Harper garage in 1924. By the 1930s Cambridgeshire Motors, a separate company, had expanded operations on the Hills Road/Cherry Hinton corner, as a Ford dealer, while King and Harper for the next 30years extended their premises next door on the site of what became a filling station.
Gilbert Rice took over from Cambridgeshire Motors, and early in 1981 Tim Brinton opened there.
For more information about this controversial apartment complex completed in 2013 see:
The public art installation can be seen here:
Sources: Cambridge News (Cambridgeshire Collection)