Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • The Kite
  • /
  • Emmanuel Road
  • Back Forward
A group of sheep walks past a two-story brick building with signage for Burwick and Co Builders and Sanitary Engineers.

6 Emmanuel Road. Burwick and Co. Later site of Unitarian Church (MoC606/55)

6 Emmanuel Road, Unitarian Church

History of the Unitarian Church Emmanuel Road

1851

James Tompkins, 53, master builder employing 8 men, b Northants
Mary Ann, 48, b Cambridge
Albert James, 19, b Cambridge
Elizabeth Smith, 18, servant, b Cambs


1913

Burwick and Co, sanitary engineers
Clarendon smoke curer
Frederick Burwick


The Unitarian church was built by R P Jones in 1928.

More information about the history of the church can be found on their website:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190511095059/https://www.cambridgeunitarian.org/about/church-community

 

Tags

  • Building of Local Interest
  • church

Projects

  • Emmanuel Road

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Emmanuel Road

Holy Trinity

St Mary, Linton

66 Jesus Lane

5 Emmanuel Road

1 Emmanuel Road

7 Emmanuel Road / Police Station

documents

14 (11) Emmanuel Road

4 Emmanuel Road

16 (13) Emmanuel Road

11 (8) Emmanuel Road

15 (12) Emmanuel Road

12 (9) Emmanuel Road

2 Emmanuel Road