Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • The Kite
  • /
  • Fitzroy Street
  • Back Forward
A two-storey brick house with two front doors and a side wall at a street corner, with a car parked on the road nearby.

128 & 130 Fitzroy Street, July 1974 (MoC 48/75)

128 (52 & 52a) Fitzroy Street, Cambridge

History of 128 Fitzroy Street

1913

(52a) Andrew Biggs, milkman

(52) Ernest Butcher, factory hand


1939

J Gurner


1962 (128 & 130)

John Moysher


1974

In July 1974 these were the only two houses left standing between East Road Corner and the Old English Gentleman which were still inhabited. The house was next to Nelson Street and the black notice board above the street sign reads in faint gold lettering:

Nelson Street Adult School
Sunday morning 10-11.40
Sunday afternoon 2.45-4 (Women only)

 

Projects

  • Fitzroy Street

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Fitzroy Street

46 (11) Fitzroy Street, Cambridge

38 (10) Fitzroy Street

69 Fitzroy Street, Cambridge

136 (56) Fitzroy Street, Cambridge

84 (30) Fitzroy Street, Cambridge

95 (88) Fitzroy Street, Cambridge

121 & 123 (80) Fitzroy Street, Cambridge

146 (61) Fitzroy Street, Cambridge

135 (76) Fitzroy Street, Cambridge

122 Fitzroy Street (Orange Cottage), Cambridge