Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
Cambridgeshire Collection

The Green Man

The Green Man was originally a 15th century timber-framed hall-house


The Green Man was originally a 15th century  timber-framed hall-house, with a ground-floor hall open to the roof and a gabled
cross-wing at each end, part refaced with brick. A floor was inserted into the hall during the 16th century and the south wing extended. There were further extensions in later periods, more or less in
character with the old building, including the prominent bay windows. It was recorded as an inn by the late 18th century. Most of the Medieval structure was concealed in 1954 when the inn was modernised, but the original king-post roof of the hall and much of the internal timbering remains intact, albeit largely hidden. It
is now listed Grade II.

Trumpington Local History Group web page on the Green Man


Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing