The Trumpington War Memorial was unveiled on 11 December 1921. Designed by Eric Gill, the War Memorial is in the centre of the village. It is seen here with the now demolished Red Lion in 1920-30.
When excavations were started on Cross Hill in 1921 the base of an old stone cross was uncovered, the top being about three inches below the surface of the road. An inscription read: ‘Pray for the soul of John Stocton and Agnes his wife.’ It was placed under the church tower.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.