Skip to content
  • home
  • map
  • search
Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • X
  • Instagram
  • Home
  • /
  • Projects
  • /
  • Castle Cambridge
  • /
  • Shelly Row
  • Back Forward

18 (8) Shelly Row

History of 18 Shelley Row

The Edward Storey Foundation built these houses in 1844. Nos 17 to 25 (9 -1) Mount Pleasant were built for Clergy Widows. Those on the west side of Shelly Row were for poor women from the parishes of Holy Trinity and St Giles.

1901

Sophia Duckings, 58, b Cambridge

1913 (8)

Miss Rose

1962

Miss C J White

Tags

  • Almshouse

Projects

  • Shelly Row

Share this article

Share onFacebook Share onBluesky

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing capturingcambridge@museumofcambridge.org.uk.

Licence

This work is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 not including content on external links as indicated byexternal link.

Shelly Row

(110) High Street, Morton’s Alms Houses, Cottenham

Adelaide Waters Almshouses, Seymour Street

War Widows cottages, Worboys Garage, Mill Street, Gamlingay

9 Shelly Terrace, Shelly Row

17 Shelly Row

13 Shelly Row

12 Shelly Row

5 Shelly Terrace, Shelly Row

4 Shelly Terrace, Shelly Row

26 Shelly Row

11 Shelly Row

7 Shelly Row

6 Shelly Row