Sidney Street corner with Green Street. No 47 right foreground.
47 – 48 Sidney Street
47 Sidney Street
According to 1959 Royal Commission on Historical Monuments Survey of Cambridge, :
House, no. 48 … is of three storeys. The walls are of plastered timber-framing, tile-hung towards the street to simulate brickwork. the roofs are tiled. Built in the 17th century, and altered in the following century, it has now been incorporated with the shop on the corner of Green Street by removal of the dividing wall on the ground floor.
John M Moden, 38, oil and colour man [dealer in victualling trade], b Cambridge
Martha, 38, b Cambridge
John N, 8, b Cambridge
Henry King, 21, assistant, shopman, b Cambridge
James Barron, assistant, 20, shopman, b Cambridge
Ann Wells, 18 servant, b Cambridge
William Clayton, 41, fishmonger, b Cambridge
Elizabeth, 40, b Oakington
Fanny E, 3
Elizabeth Scott, 24, servant, b Burwell
Charlotte Nurish, 18, nurse, b Cambridge
G P Hawkins Ltd, caterers and confectioners
Mrs Johnson, lodging house
47 – 48 Sidney Street, before 1934
In 1934 Bidger’s the tailors took over the premises from Fuller’s who had run a cafe.
Bodger & Co, tailors
Edinburgh Woollen Mill