In 1655 the University printer was John Field. He had been a printer to parliament and was a protege of Cromwell. he built a printing house on land that would later house the Master of St Catharine’s College. This remained the University printing house until the early 19th century. See https: //www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/cambs/vol3/pp321-324
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.